The Ross School of Business contains physical kiosk screens located throughout the various buildings of Ross. These kiosks allow for advertisements, events, news, and other information to be broadcasted to the school.
How to place a poster on the kiosks:
- Create a poster (either from an original creation or from one of our templates)
- Submit the poster to the Digital Signage team for inclusion on the kiosks
Create a Poster
Posters must meet the following specifications:
- Size: 1080 x 1600 px or 10.8 x 16 in
- Format: png / jpg / pdf
- Orientation: Portrait
We suggest images of at least 72 dots per inch (dpi) for the best resolution. The actual size of the image you use is very important. A small image at 72 dpi cannot be enlarged because it will degrade and lose sharpness. Start with an image that is physically large in size (e.g. 8″ x 10″), then size it down to fit. Files with degraded images will be returned.
Image Use Rights
Your group must have the rights to use the image. It is your responsibility to ensure that any images used in the display design are either copyright free or you have obtained written permission to use the image. Images taken from the web are almost never copyright free. If in doubt about an image contact Marketing and Communications to obtain their approval to use the image.
Templates for use (optional):
Design Best Practice:
Posters run for less than 7 seconds at a time. With this in mind, keep your content as simple as possible by using these main topics to structure your information:
- Who (consider your audience, who are you talking to?)
- What (what is your event about, what are you saying?)
- When (when will your event take place, what deadlines will the audience need to follow?)
- Where (location of event or link with detailed information)
- How (direct contact, webpage or form, call to action)
Submit the Poster:
Now that you’ve created your poster, send it off the Digital Signage team for submission. Please note the following when submitting your poster:
- We upload posters to the kiosks Monday through Friday, 8:00 am -5:00 pm
- Posters begin displaying in the kiosks within 5-7 business days
- If your event is in the future, posters will start to run 10 days prior to the event
- Please only one file per event. No series.
Last Updated on November 17, 2022