Ross IT wants to partner with you to purchase your IT equipment. We offer a variety of ways in which we can assist you.
Due to COVID-19 order processing and shipping may be delayed.
We will do our best to keep you informed if there are delays with the order.
Step 1: Determining Appropriate IT Equipment
Not sure what you need or where to start with your equipment?
- Ross IT provides a consultation service where you can meet with one of our desktop techs and talk through what you want to do or might need. To request this service, call us at 5-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule a session with you.
Want to know the recommended IT equipment?
- Classroom Hybrid Teaching – Spring 2022 – This guide provides an overview of classroom technology that will be used for the hybrid classroom and provides you with guidance on optional items that you may want to use to teach your classes.
- Remote Teaching – Spring 2022 – This guide provides an overview of the technology you can use to set up your remote teaching environment.
- Recommended Hardware – This is a great place to see what computers, laptops, and monitors are standard and recommended.
- We pre-stock some IT equipment so that we have it on hand and can provide it to you quicker. Below are some of the items we currently stock.
Step 2: Equipment Purchase: (IT Hardware – Laptop, PC, Tablet, and Monitor)
We are happy to discuss options with you in any IT equipment purchase. When you work with Ross IT, we take care of the following items that are part of the purchase.
Ross IT – Equipment Purchase
- Possible price discount – Some university-approved vendors offer a discount on IT equipment, and because we work with them, we can utilize the discount if available.
- No Sales Tax – Because it is a University purchase, we don’t have to pay sales tax.
- Shipping Costs – We do not have to pay a shipping cost for the delivery because we are working with an approved vendor.
- Short Code Billing – We will facilitate this process on your behalf and have the purchase charged to your shortcode.
- Hardware Warranty – With an equipment purchase, we make sure that an extended warranty (3-4 yrs.) is purchased, so repairs on the device are covered beyond the 1-2 year manufacturer warranty.
- Support – Because we set up the device with an extended warranty, repairs can be quicker when working with the vendor.
- Hardware Inventory – We track equipment as part of being a university asset. Because we manage the purchase process, we will have that information to put in the database, so no further information is needed.
Please do not purchase IT equipment with personal funds or your P-card as they are not reimbursable.
See your Area Administrator with questions on purchasing IT equipment. Or, you can call Ross IT at (734) 615-3000
or submit an email to RossITSupport@umich.edu.
Step 3: Shipping
We also help facilitate the delivery of your IT equipment.
- Ship to Ross IT – if an item is shipped to us, we will take care of receiving it, taking care of inventory tracking, getting it set up, and then scheduling a time for you to receive the equipment.
Last Updated on April 29, 2022